Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Visa Olympics E-Commerce Campaign - Terms and Conditions
- Promotion will run for 7 weeks (from the 16th of May to the 30th of June, 2016).
- The promotion is open to customers aged 18 and above in Nigeria.
- Participants are automatically entered in the Competition upon purchasing or making payments with a locally issued Visa card on local and domestic ecommerce sites.
- The minimum purchase for the duration of the campaign must be N10, 000.
- Entry to the Competition is made via Visa Card usage - the more you use your Debit Visa card, the more chances you have of winning.
- By entering the Competition, participants agree to receive additional communications via SMS from Visa Card and/or the Participating Banks.
- Participants must have a valid international passport
- Upon campaign end, Visa will select qualified shoppers and at a pre-determined date and time, a draw will be scheduled to pick the winners using an Electronic Random Selection (ERS) device.
- The collated details of shoppers will be fed into the Electronic Random Selection (ERS) device.
- There will be two categories of rewards for customers who qualify (See qualification criteria above).
- Category 1: 30 shoppers will win a pre-paid Visa card worth N50,000 each (First 30 selected via the EDS)
- Category 2 : 1 winner and a partner to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics Games in Rio (31st pick)
- Results generated by the electronic system cannot be contested.
- The category 2 winner is entitled to pick a partner to accompany him/her on the trip
- The category 2 winner and partner must obtain a valid visa for travel to Rio- Brazil at least two weeks after the Grand Prize is being announced to them. Failure to do this will lead to his/her disqualification and another winner will be selected. Letters to the Brazilian embassy shall be provided by Visa to facilitate the travel visa process
- The embassy reserves the right to issue the travel visa to the winner and partner
- Visa will bear the cost for the flight ticket, accommodation, breakfast (Full package will be shared with the winner)
- All other travelling associated cost(s) will be borne by the winner
- Grand Prizes are subject to change at Visa Card's sole discretion. Visa Card will not offer compensation in the event that a winner does not have a visa to travel. Visa Card reserves the right to transfer the Grand Prize to the next eligible cardholder in the event that a winner does not hold a valid Brazilian visa or is unable to travel.
- Staff of Visa West Africa Ltd, Associated Visa agencies and participating banks are not qualified to participate in this promotion.
- Visa, associated Visa agencies and the participating banks, have the right to publish the name(s) 0f winner(s) in any promotion, print, and public relations material. The winners may be required to appear and be identified in or on national and regional press.
- No prizes can be converted into cash.
- The Competition results, including selected prize-winner details, may be published in the media.
- In a case of any direct or indirect loss, injury or damage arising from participation in the competition or utilization of a prize, Visa and its associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors will not be held liable.
By participating in the Visa Olympics Ecommerce Campaign, you accept the above terms and conditions
Learn more here